Picking out a high-end smartphone can be an overwhelming task when the hand is tight for money. At that time, the expensive range of smartphones puts heavy pressure on you. But now, there is no need to bother about the smartphone’s cost!
You have a great chance to claim a free government phone if you are residing in Illinois. You can contact the partner providers of the Lifeline Program and Affordable Connectivity Program.
Here, you will come to know everything in detail. This article consists of a detailed piece of information regarding how to apply for free government phones in Illinois.
Let’s dive into the article!
Can I claim a free government phone in Illinois?
Yes, you can claim a free government phone in Illinois if you are a subscriber of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) plans Affordable Connectivity Program, and the Lifeline Program. FCC funds both these programs to extend the benefits of free government phones of top-notch quality.
It means the USD 100 is funded by the FCC if you purchase a phone via the Affordable Connectivity Program or Lifeline Program. Continue reading the article to understand about it in a much better way.
What are the eligibility criteria for the free government phone in Illinois?
You have to qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program if you apply for the free government phone in Illinois. Check out the following pointers to know the eligibility criteria:
- Medicaid or Medical Assistance
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits or Food Stamps benefits
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- Veterans’ and Survivor’s Pension benefit
- Free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) (including Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers), Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811, Public Housing, and Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians)
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- The gross household income should be at or below 200%, according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Get Connected with Free Government Phones in California – Unlock Lifeline Assistance Today! Discover how to qualify for a free smartphone and affordable talk, text, and data plans near you.
Tribal Assistance Programs
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
However, some partner providers have been offering free government phones in Illinois if you are a beneficiary of the Lifeline Program only. Check out the following pointers to know the eligibility criteria of the Lifeline Program:
- supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Food Stamp
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefits Program
- Tribal-specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- TrIbally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Head Start
- Gross household income at or below 135% according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines
On the contrary, you can be eligible for free government phones in Illinois based on income eligibility. Check out the following pointers to know how to qualify for a free phone based on income eligibility:
- an Unemployment/Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits
- a paycheck stub
- current income statement from an employer
- a divorce decree, child support, or other official documents
- retirement/pension statement of benefits
- last year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Benefit letter of participation in federal or tribal general assistance
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
Get Safelink Government Phones Today – Hassle-Free Access to Essential Communication Services. Discover the Best Safelink Phone Deals Now!
Which partner providers are offering free government phones in Illinois?
You can avail of the benefits of the FCC Program of distributing free smartphones to low-income eligible households. You just need to find the right partner provider that can give you good network coverage and other benefits, along with a free high-tech smartphone. Go through the following pointers, and let’s understand the leading partner providers in detail:
Access Wireless knows how important it is to keep a good quality smartphone even for deprived facilities. Without smartphones, it is impossible to open new ways of progress. Therefore, the company Access Wireless has partnered with the Federal Communications Commission Program and offers free government phones. You can also be eligible for it if you have qualified for the Affordable Connectivity Program or Lifeline.
Go through the following pointers to get started for a free government phone:
- Go to the website Access Wireless.
- Look for the option of Get Started.
- Enter your ZIP code to begin the enrollment process.
- Then, click on the Start Application.
- Provide your details along with contact details in the application form accurately.
- Upload a document that can verify that you have qualified for any federal or tribal assistance program.
- Then, click on
You have to wait for 2-3 hours to get approval on your application. You will be notified about it via email alert when your application is approved. In some cases, it takes 2-3 business days to get approval because of the verification of documents. Fill in all the details accurately otherwise, your approval will be either delayed or rejected.
If you are thinking about why you should choose Access Wireless as your telecom carrier company, go through the following advantages of choosing Access Wireless:
- Access Wireless offers nationwide coverage to all customers. You will get a good network signal on your phone no matter where you are.
- You will get free minutes for calling along with the free smartphone.
- You can make international calls as well.
Check out a few names of the following top-rated brands of smartphones available with Access Wireless:
- Access Wireless
Another participating carrier of the Federal Communications Commission program is American Assistance. The company aims to provide customers with digital freedom. Therefore, it offers free smartphones along with free minutes for calling and messaging, and free data plans. You can also apply for it if you are qualified for the Affordable Connectivity Program or Lifeline Program.
Go through the following pointers to know how to apply for the American Assistance free phone:
- Head to the website American Assistance.
- Select your state in the drop-down menu bar.
- Click on the option of Enroll Now.
- Enter your email address and ZIP code to check availability.
- Click on the option to check availability.
- Then, fill out the application form.
- Upload the document to validate that you are a recipient of the government assistance program.
- Click on
- Wait for some time to get approval.
Now, know what makes the American Assistance company a leading one in the USA. Check out the following details:
- You will get the free smartphone of a top-rated brand.
- You should get free unlimited data, talking, and texting minutes.
- Fast and easy enrollment
- No need to make a monthly payment for anything. You will get the device completely free. You have to make only a little one-time co-payment of USD 10.01.
You can choose Safelink Wireless as your telecom carrier company. This company has benefited thousands of low-income families in Illinois. You can also be a fortunate one and claim a free government phone without any ado. Go through the following steps to apply for the free Safelink Wireless phone:
- Go to the website of Safelink Wireless.
- Select your State in the drop-down menu.
- Click on Apply Now.
- Fill in the application form with the correct personal details and contact details.
- Upload the government-initiative program document.
- Click on Submit.
- Wait for approval.
- You’ll receive a confirmation Keep checking it.
Let’s understand here why you should choose Safelink Wireless as your telecom carrier:
- You will get good network coverage on your phone if you apply for a free government phone via Safelink Wireless.
- Top-rated smartphones are available.
- No need to worry about any hidden charges, monthly bill payments, and contract fees.
- Annual recertification is easy and fast.
You can enroll in the Lifeline program with Terracom Wireless and claim a free government phone. So, first of all, check your eligibility with the above-mentioned eligibility criteria. If you are qualified for it, you should go through the following steps to avail of the benefit of the free smartphone through the government-funded scheme of Terracom Wireless:
- Visit the official website of Terracom Wireless.
- Spot the option of Start Application in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter the ZIP code.
- Then, click on
- Start filling out the application form.
- Upload any benefit letter or statement of the government assistance program.
- Click on
Let’s understand through the following pointers why you should choose the Terracom Wireless:
- You can get Broadband Internet Access Services at affordable prices if not qualified for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- You will get unlimited talking and texting minutes with a free smartphone.
- Top-notch quality smartphones are available.
You can get a hotspot of 5GB along with a free smartphone if you choose Life Wireless right now. This company is connected with the FCC programs Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline. This is limited to only one member per household. Now, let’s understand how to apply for the free government phone here:
- Go to the website of Life Wireless.
- Enter your ZIP code and email address
- Then, click on the option Apply Now.
- Choose your plan.
- Check your
- Provide your details in the application form.
- Then, submit it with the requisite document.
Check out the following pointers to explore what benefits you will get if you choose Life Wireless :
- 5GB hotspot
- Unlimited data if you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program
- Free calling and texting minutes
- Iconic brands of smartphones
To sum up, the Federal Communications Commission has made the procedure of applying for the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program easy and fast. So, don’t be late. Apply for the free government phone today. The offer is valid for a limited time.