The Federal Communications Commission released the Lifeline Program in all the US States. But do you know the eligibility criteria for the Lifeline Program in California differ from the other US States?
You can also be eligible for free government phones in California but need to qualify for an eligibility criteria for the California Lifeline Program. Some more additions have been made to the qualification of the program.
Don’t bother about it! This post will help you. This post consists of a helpful guide that discusses how a California resident can be eligible for free government phones. Here, you will also come to know which partner providers of the Lifeline Program can offer you free phones in California.
Let’s begin reading this post!
How can I be eligible for free government phones in California?
You can be eligible for the free government phones in California if you reside in California. Some changes are there in the eligibility criteria designed for the California Lifeline Program. So, before applying for the Lifeline Program, you should make sure that you are eligible for it. Check out the following eligibility criteria for the Lifeline Program in California based on the government assistance program:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- National School Lunch Program (NSL)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
- Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
- Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Federal Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Program
Now, go through the following table to check the eligibility criteria based on the income:
|Household Size||Annual Income Limits|
|Each Additional Member||$8,200|
|Effective June 1, 2023 to May 31, 2024|
How to apply for the California Lifeline Program?
Now, no need to worry. The application procedure to apply for the California Lifeline Program is very simple and quick. Go through the following pointers to apply for the California Lifeline Program:
- You should contact the participating carrier of the California Lifeline Program to apply for the California LifeLine discounts or Enhanced Lifeline discounts.
- Then, your participating carrier/phone company will review your eligibility criteria.
- Then, you will receive an application form with a PIN number (Permanent Identification Number) in a PINK envelope in your email box within the time of 3 weeks.
- Then, you can apply either online or offline. If you are applying online for it, you should visit californialifeline.com. Here, you have to use the PIN number provided by the company. But if you are applying offline, you have to complete an application form provided in your mail with the PIN number. Then, you will sign and send the mail to the same email address.
- You should upload the documents to prove that you are eligible for the California Lifeline Program.
- Within 2-3 business days, your request for the free government phone will be approved. You will get its notification via email. So, keep checking your email.
- But in case, your application is rejected, you will get a disqualification letter in your mail.
Which participating carriers offer free government phones in California?
So many participating carriers offer free government phones in California. Look at the following list of partner providers that offer free government phones in California:
1. Safelink Wireless
Safelink Wireless is known to offer unbeatable Android phones and iPhones with free broadband internet connection. If you qualify for the California Lifeline Program, you will be eligible to get TracFone Wireless powered SafeLink Wireless services free of cost.
If you apply for the free Safelink Government Phones, you will have to use the Safelink Wireless network for one year. You can’t break it before one year. Don’t worry about the network coverage area. Safelink Wireless is known to offer a good network coverage area in all the States of the US. You will never feel any need to port out the carrier.
2. EnTouch Wireless
Have you heard of EnTouch Wireless in California? EnTouch is one of the most popular partner providers of the California Lifeline Program. It has benefited thousands of customers with premium-quality cell phones at no cost in California. You will get a clear crystal display screen and Android Operating System. Besides this, you will also get the benefit of unlimited talk and text plus unlimited data. Don’t bother about any hidden contract or fee.
3. AirTalk Wireless
Do you dream of owning world-class phones like the iPhone 7 and Galaxy 9, but your pocket is not allowing you to own such a magnificent phone? If yes, you have visited the right place. You should apply for the AirTalk Wireless smartphones right now. By qualifying for the California Lifeline Program, you will be eligible for the AirTalk Wireless program. So, visit the official website of AirTalk Wireless and browse the list of free phones.
4. Tag Mobile
Apply for Tag Mobile and get the smartphone of the iconic brand at discounted rates. This company has offered its beneficiary cell phone service to thousands of California residents who are qualified for the Lifeline Program in California. So, be ready to get free data, global talk, and text along with a low-cost smartphone. Hurry up! Place an order for your discounted mobile before the plan expires.
5. Assurance Wireless
Who doesn’t know the names of the Assurance Wireless company in California? This company is known to offer free smartphones to those low-income households who are qualified for the California Lifeline Program. Isn’t it a trustworthy name for you in California? Of course, it is the best name in California that has partnered with the USA leading companies like T-Mobile, Sprint, and Nextel. Not only this, but you will also get a warranty of replacement on your purchased phone.
6. Access Wireless
The market share and size of the carrier Access Wireless is expanding day by day. You don’t need to worry about the cost of a smartphone when Access Wireless is here to provide you with a free smartphone based on your eligibility for the California Lifeline Program. So, stay in touch with your family, get job opportunities, and seek help in emergencies with your own cell phone. Besides this, you will also get unlimited talk and text.
As the name of the carrier suggests, TruConnect is the most reliable one for California residents who want to apply for a free government phone through the California Lifeline Program. If you have still not applied for any partner provider, you should apply for the TruConnect. It is very safe and secure to manage a TruConnect account.
8. SafetyNet Wireless
Save your money with SafetyNet Wireless. Once you qualify for the SafetyNet Wireless free phone on the basis of your eligibility for the California-based Lifeline Program, you will get the delivery of your free phone within two to three business days. So, enjoy free calling, texting, and data plans along with a free smartphone.
Which benefits will I get if I enroll in the California Lifeline Program?
Go through the list of the following benefits that you will get if you enroll in the California Lifeline Program:
- Monthly discount on cell phone service of up to USD 17.90.
- Service connection discount of up to USD 39.
- Excluded to pay for the public purpose program surcharges, CPUC’s user fee, federal excise tax, local franchise taxes, and State 911 tax associated with your phone service.
- Discounted phone.
Which type of phone should I prefer when I place an order for a phone?
Looking for the best-quality phones? But do you know which quality phones are the best for you? Nope! Read the following pointers to know which things should be considered while placing an order for a phone:
1. Clear crystal display
You should buy a phone with a crystal clear display. Its screen should be wide. If you are a senior citizen or a disabled person, you should take care of this thing mainly. If your phone has a large display with a large button keypad, you will live a comfortable life without any doubt.
2. Network Coverage
The network coverage of your chosen participating carrier should be the best. Try to choose a carrier that provides good network coverage in all the US States. In this way, you will never encounter any issues while making calls, sending messages, and running a browser. So, choose the best because you deserve a good lifestyle.
3. Prices offered
Research well before making any decision. Though the FCC funds the partner providers to distribute discounted or free phones to eligible customers, the prices of smartphones may vary. You should enquire very well about the hidden charges involved in any offer.
4. Customer Support
You should inquire very well about the carrier whom you are choosing to get a free phone. The customer support should be highly responsive. A delayed response can create problems for you in the future. So, it is better to know about it beforehand.
5. Offered plans
Check before applying for any plan. It may be possible that the plans of the competitive companies are cheaper and more valuable than the plans of your chosen service provider.
1. Can the secondary residence get the benefit of the California Lifeline Program?
The California Lifeline Program has some limitations. You can’t apply for it through your secondary residence.
2. How many members of a family can apply for free government phones in California?
Only low-income households can apply for free government phones in California. If any other member of your family has taken advantage of this program, you can not apply for it.
3. How to get free government phones in California?
You can get a free government phone in California by enrolling yourself in the California Lifeline Program. Then, you can choose any participating carrier to avail of its benefits.
4. Do the companies take shipping charges for the delivery of a free phone?
Generally, the shipping of a free phone is free. The customer should not pay for it. But confirm it before placing an order.
So far, this article has helped you a lot by explaining everything about the free government phones in California. Now, I hope that you will not be confused anywhere when you apply for it.
Apply for the free phone today and get it delivered within 2-3 business days. Hurry up!!! This is a limited-time offer.